Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Module Update 01/02/2008

Well its a new year, hopefully this one will bring lots of new and interesting modules to NWN2. I am also hoping for some cool custom content to be added by the community.

Ok to the post at hand. I had a great deal of time to work on my module this weekend and was able to get the following done.

Finished a custom respawn script. I am not going to give to much away on this but in certain areas of the module something will happen when the player and all companions die. Also there is NO Respawn allowed. So save, save and save often.

Started working on the companions as you can see in my previous post.

The starting area is 90% done and that includes sounds, lighting and such. Just some minor details to add and one trigger.

The town of Silverton as been laid out. I just need to add in the npcs, sounds, lighting and some detail to make it come alive.

The design document is done for the most part so I will be making that a pdf version and updating the NWVault entry with it.

I will post some screenshots shortly of the areas I have done along with part of the dialog of the first NPC you meet.

I know it doesnt look like much but I have learned a few things I didnt know how to do and also did a lot of reading on how to do somethings that will be coming up namely how to make a village/town/city seem alive.

Thats it for now. As always comments/feedback welcome.

No comments: